This is one of the most useful notepad I’ve used, the key thing for me is it’s directly linked to my Google drive, so when I make changed and save them it saves directly to my cloud storage.
It’s quite feature rich as well, it’s great on so many levels and have it open as well. I use it mainly for updating budget information though I also have a spreadsheet for that. Just being able to make a simple note in a list is very handy.
On the left side you will see a list of tabs for Current File, Find/Replace, New/Open, General Settings and About/Help. I’ll give you details for each tab below:
- File Name and Description
- Syntax, select text or programming language such as C++, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Python and XML to name a few
- Newline Detection
- Tabs, Chose number of spaces
- Save, Print, Share File, History of Changes
- Case Sensitive
- Match Whole Word
- Use Regular Extension
- Go to Line
- Replace mode
- Open Existing file in Current Tab/New Tab
- Create New file in Current Tab/New Tab
- Hide/Show Recent Changes
- Control Word Wrap
- Tab Default
- New Line Default
- Font Size
- Theme, choose from Chrome, Clouds, Crimson_Editor, Dreamweaver, Eclipse to name a few.
As you can see, it’s a very useful and versatile app and certainly worth while to explore on your own,